I tried it, here is some feedback:
- it has already been said but keyboard only controls (no mouse) is a pretty important thing to have, and also being able to rebind everything;
- support for any keyboard layout is also important (it's the cause of most problems I have).
--- Why is there a need to bind "shift based characters" like number keys ?
--- As an example, in the bépo
layout ':' is shift + '.' and since it isn't in the default bindings, I can't input it and I can't create a binding for it (since I need to type it) which makes the whole thing silly;
--- the bépo (or azerty) layout require "shift" for number keys, but not in Glyphin;
- Finding some way to specify characters (for bindings) without having to know the character code would be useful. 4coder uses helper functions to do that. e.g. bind( something, get_key_code( "é" ) );
- Home / End keys don't work;
- On startup the window header (window name, minimize, maximize and close buttons) is off screen on my monitor (1920 * 1080);
- I don't know if you require a project to open files but if it's the case I think it's a bad idea. As I can't write ':' in Glyphin (see above) I couldn't type an absolute path to try opening a file outside the project.
- Rebinding seems to leave the default bindings, so there are several key combinations doing the same thing and it can conflict with new bindings;
- Autocomplete for file name when opening file would be useful;
- Smooth scrolling is too slow;
- I think that some keys shown in the readme.txt file might no be up to date;
Those are personal preferences:
- I don't like that autocomplete uses a pop up, I prefer the "iterate over completion" method;
- For selection I prefer the mark/cursor model;
Good luck !