Glyphin » Forums » Linux interest
Telash
Mikael Johansson
52 posts
1 project
#12390 Linux interest
4 months, 2 weeks ago

Is there anyone here that would be interested in supporting, and testing/using a Linux version of Glyphin? So I know if I should focus on getting Glyphin to Linux soon.

The biggest obstacle to great software is lack of motivation. Motivate each other!
Mr4thDimention
Allen Webster
285 posts
2 projects

Heyo

#12416 Linux interest
4 months, 2 weeks ago

Ahh... I wish I could subscribe and get email notifications when you're posting topics on your forum.

I would be very interested in helping you with a Linux port when I can!
Kelimion
Jeroen van Rijn
240 posts
3 projects

A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_

#12417 Linux interest
4 months, 2 weeks ago

That is coming this summer, Allen.
Meanwhile, have you heard of this wonderful new technology called Atom?
Telash
Mikael Johansson
52 posts
1 project
#12420 Linux interest
4 months, 2 weeks ago

Thankyou! I will try it myself first when I have the time, and see how it goes. Since its based on SDL I already have alot for free :)

The biggest obstacle to great software is lack of motivation. Motivate each other!
Telash
Mikael Johansson
52 posts
1 project
#12421 Linux interest
4 months, 2 weeks ago Edited by Mikael Johansson on July 10, 2017, 9:50 a.m.

Jeroen: I havent said that Glyphin for Linux is coming this summer, or are you writing in the wrong thread?

I have heard about that wonderful new technology called Atom, I just prefer tech that doesnt hold most of my hardware hostage, while still being slow! :D
It was even slow when I tried to work on Glyphin in it. (10k lines with syntax highlight)

Kelimion
Jeroen van Rijn
240 posts
3 projects

A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_

#12422 Linux interest
4 months, 2 weeks ago Edited by Jeroen van Rijn on July 10, 2017, 10:58 a.m.

I was talking about the email notifications, Mikael. ;-)
Hence the followup about Atom feeds, making it explicit that I was talking about notifications and not Glyphin's Linux version.

I for one can't stand the other newer Atom that you were thinking about.
Mr4thDimention
Allen Webster
285 posts
2 projects

Heyo

#12424 Linux interest
4 months, 2 weeks ago

Well we've all had a bit of miscommunication on this thread!

What I meant to say was "I would be very interested to help in any way I can..." as in, including testing.
CaptainKraft
Jeremiah
157 posts
2 projects

Father, husband, C programmer, and Linux apologist. Think before you code.

#12425 Linux interest
4 months, 2 weeks ago

Mr4thDimention
Well we've all had a bit of miscommunication on this thread!

You guys have put me through quite the roller coaster trying to follow the responses :-P

Lots of miscommunication indeed. I enjoyed the ride though.

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
the_calling
11 posts
#12427 Linux interest
4 months, 2 weeks ago

There is I, but I won't have time to test it significantly for a few month I think.
Telash
Mikael Johansson
52 posts
1 project
#12428 Linux interest
4 months, 2 weeks ago

Hahaha! Well, we all love to be entertained, so from that perspective the thread is perfect :D

Thankyou Allen! As I am fairly new to programming, I am sure I will run into several road blocks on the way, then its awesome to know there is support to find. And I would love to help you to, if there is anyway I can.

Telash
Mikael Johansson
52 posts
1 project
#12429 Linux interest
4 months, 2 weeks ago

the_calling
There is I, but I won't have time to test it significantly for a few month I think.

Thanks! Good to know there is interest. I will try to get a Linux version out soon then, maybe around Alpha 2 or so.

tannakartikey
1 posts
#12557 Linux interest
4 months ago

@Telash I am also interested.